|7/6/2005 11:32:52 PM - Spellcaster Upgraded to V1.100-0 - This is a huge upgrade!|
This version is a huge upgrade to Spellcaster. The following is just a partial list of some of the larger modifications.
* The gameplay has been radically modified to support a new "aura" system. Enemies and some treasures now have defensive magical auras comprised of two or more letters. Each letter in the aura must be used in a word to remove the token's resistance. The unit can then be linked into a word and the enemy dispatched or the token activated.
* The primary game screen's art has been massively overhauled and improved.
* A new enemy has been added - the Beholder.
* New enemy spells (and their associated art) have been added including Fireball, Hold, and a new Conjure.
* New player spells (and their associated art) have been added including Freeze and Fireball.
* The Incinerate and Swap spells are now always available and accessible via a new interface that eliminates the potential for accidentally casting a spell.
* Performance has been improved considerably (by rendering the lighting into a 256x256 texture.)
* Runes can now be selected by dragging the mouse across the board. Previously selected runes can be reselected to disable all runes past that point in the word.
* An automated playback system now demonstrates some basic gameplay when the demo exits.
* The metaphorical aspects of the story have had some minor additions.
* The registration interface now allows keys to be automatically retrieved if so desired.
* The registration system now supports the renting of games for a set period of time.
If you've already purchased the game you should definitely download this upgrade. As has always been the case, the upgrade is free for people who have purchased a previous version. Just uninstall your current version, install the new one, enter your name and password, and the new version will be immediately authorized.